A HISTORY OF MULLANEYS SOLICITORS
Thomas Mullaney founded the firm in 1953 shortly after he qualified as a solicitor. His office was originally located in Kilgallons Photographic Studio (now The Belfry Pub) in Thomas Street. In 1963 the firm moved four doors down from there to No.6 Thomas Street Sligo. In 2015 the firm relocated to its present offices at No.1-2 Teeling Street, a building that was previously occupied by the ACC Bank, and which in the distant past was the site of the historic Jones’ Castle
In 1985 Michael Mullaney became a partner in the firm, having worked here since 1977 as an apprentice, and subsequently, as a solicitor. Michael Quigley joined us in 1986, as an assistant solicitor, and became a partner in 1988. The two Michaels continued as Partners, following the death of Thomas Mullaney in 1996. Mark Mullaney served his apprenticeship here and subsequently worked as an assistant solicitor, becoming a partner in September 2007. Shane McDermott also trained with the firm, qualified as a solicitor in 2005, and worked here as an assistant solicitor, before becoming a partner in 2016.